1) Kitchens have a more eclectic vibe to create a personalised space. Mix of woods and metals at achieve an eclectic style with an emphasis on quality. We will also see blue used more in cabinetry.
2) Fabrics make a make a shift to more patterned fabrics with delicates damasks and cheerful chintz. We will also see more trimmings in use e.g. fringes, tassels and cords to soften the appearances of modern upholstery.
3) Pantone announced their colour of the year for 2016 with two colours Serenity and Rose Quartz. We will see more soft pinks and soft blues enter our domestic interiors.
4) People are starting to make the shift to tech less living rooms so to have an area in the home where people can relax from the demands of our technical world. Also creating Zen areas in the home is on the increase as people become more aware of mindfulness and the importance of good health.
5) Although I am a lover of chandeliers, 2016 will see the rise of the statement pendant.
6) It’s all about recognising what you love and creating interiors that are personal to you. As a result we will so more statement mirrors than previous years as these allow us to easily make a personal statement in our interiors.