As we spend more time in our bedroom than any other room in our home its of the utmost importance that we should make is as comfortable and personable as possible.
1) Take into the account the person that’s using the bedroom? For example a childs bedroom will require a different headboard to that chosen for a Master Bedroom. Remember that as all our headboards are made to order this is an opportunity for you to reflect you or your childs taste and style.
2) Also take into account the use of headboard. Will it be a shared headboard is there an avid reader who wants to sit up against the headboard and therefore requires extra comfort.
Consider other items in the room. Is there a TV, if so you will more than likely want to sit up in bed to watch it and once again comfort is of the utmost importance.
3) Take into account the style of the room. Is it traditional or is it contemporary….the style of room will determine the style of headboard you should go for. If its a new bedroom design think about the style you want to achieve e.g. classical, contemporary, minimalist etc
4) Take into account the height of your ceilings and the size of your room…an over sized headboard may not suit your small room.
5) Lastly you need to think about the fabric you would like to use for your headboard. Again think about the style you are trying to achieve and how often the bedroom is used. For example a Guest Bedroom used only occasionally would look great in a delicate fabric, whilst a headboard used in a childs room may be better with a washable leatherette.
Likewise a traditional bedroom would look stunning with one of our linen fabrics whilst a luxurious bedroom would look fabulous in one of our stunning velvet fabrics.
I hope you found the advice above useful…if you do decide to order a headboard with ‘Perfect Headboards’ remember that you can also order fabric samples through our website to ensure you make an informed decision.
To order your headboard you can order them through our website by following the simple step by step instructions or you can make an appointment to call to our studio where you can see some of the headboards and fabrics in person.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0863999926 and I’ll be glad to assist you with choosing your ‘Perfect Headboard’ For our full range of headboard designs see http://www.perfectheadboards.ie/ Thanks, Louise